In the chapter on "Inflammation", I mention how food can have an influence on blood acidity and inflammation processes.
The more carbohydrates we absorb, the more protons (H+) are released into our blood which increases its acidity. These protons are also called: free radicals.
Releasing free radicals within the organism causes an oxidative stress which will lead to an inflammatory reaction of the tissues.
The process of an oxidative stress is like the rust process on iron. The free radicals are going to 'steal' electrons in our body cells (muscles, nerves, organs, etc.) to become chemically stable. It is therefore important to limit the release of free radicals but also to provide our body with substances capable to catch/bind these free radicals and neutralize them.
Last but not least, free radicals are also present in our environment: pollution, tobacco, drugs, medics, stress, etc.
Therefore, a good understanding of the patient's global environment and life-situation is important to be able to limit the body's acidity and inflammation processes.
Suggestions for an anti-inflammatory diet
My goal is not to make a recipe book. I will simply recommend some food that will limit the release of free radicals in your body and thereby diminish inflammation processes.
The average input of carbohydrates per day should only be around 60 grams in total (or around 20 grams per meal). Always check on the packaging how many carbohydrates per 100 grams are present in the food you are planning to eat.
In the morning:
Stay clear of white bread, cereals and jam.
These are my recommendations for a no-carbs breakfast:
- Eggs - cooked in whatever way you prefer
- Hard cheese or goat cheese
- Veggies of any kind
- Greek yogurt
- Coffee (1 cup)
- Almond milk
Stay clear of pasta, mashed potatoes (or veggies that grow under the ground), white rice, white bread, cakes, fresh cheese, beer, white wine, soda or fruit juices.
For a low carbs lunch or dinner, you have to favorize:
- Veggies that grow above the ground / leafy vegetables / tomatoes
- Brown rice or Basmati rice
- Minestrone (with veggies instead of pasta)
- Soups (avoid putting potatoes inside)
- Goat cheese (or hard cheese like Parmesan)
- Olive oil
- Red wine (1 glass of 2 dl)
Evidently you should avoid cakes and candies but also dry fruits and some fresh fruits (see the list further down).
Instead you should favorize:
- Fresh veggies (carrots, cucumbers etc.)
- Cold cooked chicken
- Dark Chocolate (80%)
Free radicals neutralizers:
This is what is called the anti-oxidant food!
Eating these will help your organism to neutralize the free radicals:
- Turmeric or curry powder
- Aromatic herbs (oregano, thyme, etc.)
- Green tea (mint is the best)
- Dark chocolate (80%)
- Berries (the darker the better!)
- Red wine (1 glass of 2 dl per day)
Fruits and carbs
Fruits contains a lot of sugar. But of course, some of them have higher doses than others.
Here is the list of fruits you need to diminish if you eat them every day:
High carbs level:
Medium carbs level:
- Pear / Apple
- osteopati behandling af nakkesmerter - osteopati behandling af rygsmerter - osteopati behandling af sportsskader - osteopati behandling af baby - osteopat københavn frederiksberg